Friday, September 16, 2005

love is in the air!!!

well, the weirdest combination of emotions ran through me last night as han told me the details of her engagement. i just couldnt help but cry i was so excited, but then there was this odd feeling in my gut, like its just not right that i cant leap through the phone and give her the biggest girly hug and squeal of my life. those technological geniouses should really work on phones and teleporting. (that was for you ryan). but i really am just thrilled about all this. its fun when two of your best friends decide to spend the rest of their lives together. and what an adventure marriage is. humbling, exciting, faith-building, and just plain fun! so here's to you future Lombardi's! i love ya!

before the newsbreaking phone call, i was enjoying the company of a camp friend. justin rosalino was playing at a coffee house at samford, so we went to the show and took him to dinner afterwards. tons of fun. its odd how after spending three months with him this summer i felt like i got to know him so much more last night after listening to the songs HE wrote instead of the ones camp made him play. music showed me how expressive it can be. i really got a glimpse of his deeper dreams through it all. i love writing and journaling, but something in me has an itch to write songs and sing silly lines that only make sense to me. i figure if he can make himself so known and vulnerable through that, maybe music is the next step to being vulnerable in my life. just a challenge. not that you will ever hear any of my simple creations, but there are lyrics stirring. and i just wonder, how often do i tell myself not to sing just because i've never heard the song before? hmm...

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Rachel Kay said...

no need to get sensitive. i cant wait to see you guys. i meant as far as the drive was concerned. and five didnt fit in my descending number sequence. im not that creative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home